Have you ever met anyone that didn’t like a delightful cheesecake? Add an amazing cheesecake to any day & instantly make it better!
If only we could eat cheesecake every day… once I read that today is National Cheesecake day, it has been preoccupying my thoughts. Now it’s lunch time here on on the east coast and I’m hungry… especially when I ponder what I’m reading about all of the different varieties and recipes for cheesecake nationally.
- Chicago–style cheesecake is a baked cream-cheese version which is firm on the outside with a soft and creamy texture on the inside.
- Pennsylvania Dutch–style cheesecake uses a slightly tangy type of cheese with larger curds and less water content, called pot or farmer’s cheese.
- Philadelphia-style cheesecake is lighter in texture, yet richer in flavor than New York–style cheesecake.
- Farmer cheese cheesecake is the contemporary implementation for the traditional use of baking to preserve fresh cheese and is often baked in a cake form, along with fresh fruit like a tart.
- Country-style cheesecake uses buttermilk to produce a firm texture while increasing acidity to extend shelf life.
- New York–style cheesecake relies upon heavy cream or sour cream. Cheesecakes represented as being “New York style” are the most common variety in the United States; the term has considerable prestige.
Which of these do you prefer? I would like to try them all, but when I think of cheesecake, New York Style comes to mind first.
If you looking to send this sweet decadent treat to someone as a gift… you’ll love your choices here ~> Cheesecake Gifts
Happy National Cheesecake Day!
Reference: Wikipedia: Cheesecake